[ibis-macro] Re: FW: [IBIS-Users] AMI convolution

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esweet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:21:11 -0500

Eric

The balanced assumption can easily fall apart for long shielded cable systems at any data rate.

Scott

Eric Sweetman wrote:
Scott, Vladimir and Mike,

Using only a  differential model (SDD11, SDD12, SDD21, SDD22)works OK if
everything is balanced and AC-coupled.  It ignores TX/RX common-mode
effects in DC-coupled architectures and system interconnects with skew
(unbalanced connector path lengths, unbalanced BGA fanouts, etc.).  At
10 Gbps we can probably still get away with these assumptions but,
beyond that, I'm not sure.

Eric Sweetman