[ibis-macro] FW: IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 9/6/2011

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:30:16 +0000

From: Gregory R Edlund [mailto:gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:41 AM
To: Muranyi, Arpad
Subject: Re: [ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 9/6/2011

Arpad,

Here is my jitter model diagram.  I have a design review that may go late
today.  If you don't hear from me right away, that's why.

The basic idea is that there are at least three primary physical sources of
jitter:  ref clk, PLLs, and power supply noise.  I would like to help the user
understand which sources are covered in the DLL, which are covered by
parameters external to the DLL, and how these two domains may interact.

Greg

(See attached file: Serdes_Jitter_Model_090611.ppt)

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity and System Timing
IBM Systems & Technology Group
3605 Hwy. 52 N  Bldg 050-3
Rochester, MN 55901

[Inactive hide details for "Muranyi, Arpad" ---09/06/2011 11:32:22 AM---Time:
September 6, 2011  Noon  US Pacific Time =====]"Muranyi, Arpad" ---09/06/2011
11:32:22 AM---Time:  September 6, 2011  Noon  US Pacific Time =====

From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/06/2011 11:32 AM
Sent by: ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

________________________________

Time:  September 6, 2011  Noon  US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                     0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                     0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                   069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                    08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Arpad:   Inform IBIS Open Forum that the ATM group decided that
        BIRD 137.1 and BIRD 143 should not be changed, except
        for a note in the analysis path section that versioning
        should possibly be dealt with a separate statement in
        the specification through another BIRD.
        - not done (in progress)

Fangyi:  Email your comments on the Jitter BIRD to Walter
        - done

Walter:  Update BIRD 123.2.4 with comments and send it to Mike L.
        to be posted on the ATM website
        - ???

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
       - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4)  BIRD 137.2 (AMI_parameters_in/out, msg Clarifications)    (Arpad)
   - Check notes added to the bottom of the document
   - Vote to submit the BIRD draft to the IBIS Open Forum

5)  BIRD 143.1 (AMI_close requirement correction)             (Arpad)
   - Check notes added to the bottom of the document
   - Vote to submit the BIRD draft to the IBIS Open Forum

6)  BIRD 140.1 Corner Clarifications                          (Arpad)
   - even though it was put on hold until BIRD 124 is discussed,
     Walter and Arpad worked out a new language to clarify the
     intent on how Corner works in AMI.  Arpad will introduce
     this language and we can decide if this can be submitted
     to the IBIS Open Forum or kept on hold until BIRD 124 is
     scheduled to be discussed.

7)  Presentation on Jitter Model Diagram                (Greg Edlund)

8)  BIRD 123.2.4, jitter parameters  (includes Row 37)       (Walter)
   - review latest changes and graphics
   - do these changes answer the questions raised before:
     - remove Usage Out from the BIRD?  or
     - specify which function (Init or GetWave) can return values?
     - specify what the EDA tool should do with the returned values?
     - what to do when Rx doesn't generate clocks?
     - specify how EDA tool can input the clocks?

9)  BIRD 121.1, data management parameters (file support)    (Walter)
   - discussion, questions, comments?

10) BIRD 122; Analog Buffer BIRD                             (Walter)
   - replaced with ISS_Buffer_BIRD.doc

11) BIRD 124.1, dependency table                             (Walter)
   - questions, comments?

12) Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                     (Arpad)
   - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
     specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
     and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
     to be defined
   - any comments, questions on this draft?

13) Backchannel BIRD draft update                               (Ken)
   - discussion, questions, comments?

[attachment "BIRD140_1.pdf" deleted by Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM]
[attachment "BIRD137_2.pdf" deleted by Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM]
[attachment "BIRD143_1.pdf" deleted by Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM]

GIF image