[ibis-macro] Re: Darft of IBIS-ISS Draft 0.1

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:56:32 -0700

Comments:

1)  Overview:  "The IBIS Open Forum ... proposes"?
2)  "May which to have a more limited set of characters."
    on pg. 6 doesn't make sense.
3)  "The first character in every line specifies how IBIS-ISS interprets
the remaining line. "
    on pg. 10 incorrect English.
4)  Reference error on pg. 11
5)  "except in subcircuits where instance names begin with X"
    on pg. 11 is wrong...
6)  Are scale factors case sensitive? pg. 12.
7)  "definitioneven" spelling error on pg. 13
8)  "When you select design parameter names, be careful to avoid
conflicts with parameterized libraries."
    is impossible.  What are the scoping rules if it does happen?
9)  "Traditional SPICE includes the basic subcircuit, but does not
provide a way to consistently name nodes. However, IBIS-ISS provides a
simple method for naming subcircuit nodes and elements: use the
subcircuit call name as a prefix to the node or element name."
    needs examples on pg. 14.

10) "To delimit expressions, use single or double quotes." on pg 13
    conflicts with "To invoke the algebraic processor, enclose a complex
expression in single quotes. "
    on pg. 17

11)  Unfinished sentence on pg 17:  "A later definition changes its
value, or "
12)  pg. 22 talks about global parameters but doesn't explain how
     to make one as opposed to a local parameter.  Also, I don't see
     any scoping rules to explain what happens with parameter
definitions
     in subcircuits.
13)  "Floating power supply nodes are terminated with a 1 megohm
resistor and a warning message"
     on pg. 25  I didn't know a message can terminate circuit
elements...  :-)
14)  pg. 26  "The first line of a netlist is always a comment"  doesn't
     apply to us, since we are only subcircuits.
15)  "Figure 40" on pg. 31 what is the figure?
16)  There are references to page numbers which don't exist. on pg.
33-34

That's it for now.

====