[ibis-macro] Re: Anyone opened the eye, at 28 Gbps, for any of the 802.3bj working group's channels?

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'capn.freako@xxxxxxxxx'" <capn.freako@xxxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 21:30:51 +0000

David,

In some of our recent work in this area we found that the quality
of the S-parameter models may also have a strong impact on your
ability to open the eye.  We found that the same channel's model
would not be able to give an open eye when the S-parameter data
does not go all the way down to DC.  We often see S-parameter data
begin at 50, 100 or even at 200 MHz on the low end, and depending
on how the simulator deals with the missing low frequency points
you may get different answers, including closed eyes when the eye
would actually be open with a better model.

You didn't say which simulator you are using.  If you happen to be
working with ours, I would be glad to offer you more details and
help off line...