[ibis-macro] ANN: First release (v0.1) of ibisami, a public domain IBIS-AMI model creation infrastructure.

  • From: David Banas <capn.freako@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 07:22:43 -0700

Hi all,

I have just posted to GitHub the first release of “ibisami”, a public domain
package of:
C++ source files
Header files
Build infrastructure files
intended to support IBIS-AMI model development by providing a public domain,
open source repository for all the generic, boilerplate stuff that has to go
into every IBIS-AMI model.

My hope is that, by using such a community resource for the generic boring
stuff, we can:
spend less time fixing/maintaining boilerplate.
share the work of making a robust platform upon which to develop more advanced
models.
spend more time doing the truly clever things, which really offer us an
opportunity to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.

In support of that last bullet point, I’ve chosen the BSD-3 license (as opposed
to the GPL), specifically so that viral license concerns won’t deter anyone
from contributing to and/or using this community resource. Under the BSD
license, you are free to use the licensed entity, with or without your own
improvements/modifications, with ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION TO SHARE THOSE
IMPROVEMENTS/MODIFICATIONS WITH ANYONE.

I’ve started a Wiki, with Getting Started instructions, here:
https://github.com/capn-freako/ibisami/wiki

Looking forward to collaborating with you all,
-db