[ibis-macro] Re: "AMI Impulse Response"

  • From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:11:47 -0500

Walter,

How would you define the other two terms?

AMI Impulse Response : Unit Impulse Response scaled by non-unit voltage
swing

Unit Impulse Response : ??

Impulse Response : ??

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity and System Timing
IBM Systems & Technology Group
3605 Hwy. 52 N  Bldg 050-3
Rochester, MN 55901

From:   "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   06/01/2013 04:32 PM
Subject:        [ibis-macro] "AMI Impulse Response"
Sent by:        ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

We will be going around in linguistic circles unless we careful define how
we should be using Step Response and Impulse Response. First we can no
longer call the input to Tx AMI_Init an “Impulse Response”. We need to
start calling this an “AMI  Impulse Response” understanding that the “AMI
Impulse Response” is the “Unit Impulse Response” scaled by a non-Unit
voltage swing. In BIRD 158 we should in addition only reference the “AMI
Step Response”. Thus eliminating any confusion between “AMI Step Response”
and “Unit Step Response” and “Step Response”, and between “AMI Impulse
Response” and “Unit Impulse Response” and “Impulse Response”.

wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone 303.449-2308
Mobile 303.335-6156

GIF image