[ibis-interconn] Re: Sparse Touchstone Proposal, with some more thought pu into it

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, IBIS-Interconnect <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:26:19 -0600

In as much as "Framis" is a neologism it may save a lot of argument.  :)

Perhaps I am a bit obtuse, but fundamentally, my objection has been to the word
"function" in this context.  To my math-avoiding mind, a function is any
expression containing an equals sign and one or more variables.  Touchstone
files contain no expressions or equations but only values or coefficients.
Therefore, no functions are involved.

Awaiting a deluge of corrections...

-          MM