[ibis-interconn] Fixing [Pin Mapping] Presentation

  • From: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'IBIS-Interconnect'" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 17:19:57 -0500 (EST)

All,

I will be gave this presentation to IBIS-ATM today and will be giving it
to the DesignCon IBIS Summit. It suggests two new IBIS rules:

1. All pins with the same signal_name must have the same model_name

2. All POWER and GND pins with the same bus_label must have the same
signal_name

Although there was not unanimous agreement that IBISCHK should flag
violations of this rule, I believe that there was agreement that any power
aware package modeling solution would be problematic in IBIS files that
violated these rule.

Therefore, I think for the purpose of defining the interface to IBIS-ISS
and Touchstone package models, we should assume that these rules are not
violated.

Walter

Walter Katz

<mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx