[ibis-editorial] Question about the new BIRD template

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:44:07 +0000

Hello,

Looking at Walter's Jitter BIRD re-written with the new
template, I noticed that the new template doesn't have
the sections "STATEMENT OF THE ISSUE" and "STATEMENT OF
THE RESOLVED SPECIFICATIONS", only the "ANALYSIS PATH/DATA
THAT LED TO SPECIFICATION" and "ANY OTHER BACKGROUND
INFORMATION".

I wonder whether the first two were omitted deliberately or
by accident.

As far as I remember, the "Statement of the Issue" section
was supposed to give an overview/statement of the problem.
The "Statement of the Resolved Specification" was supposed
to be an overview/statement on what has been decided to
solve the problem, followed by specific points on what should
be changed or added to the spec.  The "Analysis Path..."
section was supposed to give technical details on why the
resolved changes make sense, kind of like a proof for it.
And lastly, the "Any Other Background Information" was
supposed to document the story of the evolution in case there
was a lot of discussion, dispute, argument over the resolution,
just so that if something comes up in the future, people could
read what happened and why.

Did we decide to do away with most of this documentation in the
new template or was this just an oversight because we were focusing
mainly on the mew stuff?

Thanks,

Arpad