[ian-reeds-games] Re: thoughts on warlords

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:57:13 -0500

Hi All,
Thanks Carlos for the feedback!
Ok, in this version we got:
Elite and veteran archers for the humans and terrans respectively, each now
get 2 attacks per round. The flame arrow now burns targets for 3 rounds
instead of 1 round, so now they should be feared instead of mocked from this
point on.

Now only watchtowers and fortified watchtowers can be built or placed on
ramparts. All other structures are off limits.

The twilight wrong side of the river map now features undead necropolis and
necrotic elemental tower plus a copper mine (equivalent to a trading post)
so that they can now more easily destroy puny mortals with extreme
prejudice.

I also tried out the hold position and enable movement skills for gnome
scorpion ballistas and dwarf ballistas. It costs nothing to activate or
disable it. Essentially it just has the no movement effect on it meaning it
can still make attacks. I did not notice them doing anything like go into
infinite loops by the computer so it seems to work quite well for those who
might like such a feature. At least I do, grin.

There is a new map called kings ransom, which might be difficult or easy
depending on how you play it, but it is kind of fun. I really like the druid
unit a lot and the mage gets to shine a bit .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/age%20of%20warlords.zip