[ian-reeds-games] Re: strange error with TB

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 19:46:45 +0000

Hi there,

Is it a map file you have edited manually before opening it up in the map editor? If it is, have you still got it? I can take a look and see if I can figure out what caused this.

Cheers,

On 28/12/2015 22:08, Blind Hunter wrote:

Hi. I was editing a map and I got a strange error when I tried to save it:
---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred. Please notify the game creator of this error.
You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control +
C. Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and
send the email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.

at Ian.MapEditor.Save10(Map map) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 369

at Ian.MapEditor.SaveMap() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 263

at Ian.MapEditor.HandleEditorKey(Unit u, TBGlobal ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 212

at Ian.MapEditor.Process(TBGlobal ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 92

at Ian.SceneMachine`1.Process(T ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\SceneMachine.cs:line 50

at Ian.TBGlobal.ProcessScene() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBGlobal.cs:line 73

at Ian.GL.InnerSingleLoop(IHaveGameEngineStuff ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoop.cs:line 189

at Ian.GL.RunSingleLoop(IHaveGameEngineStuff ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoop.cs:line 119

at Ian.GameWindow.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 126

at Ian.GameWindow.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 266

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.
Or by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

-----