[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship basic map

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:50:30 +1300

Hi allan my answers are in the message
shaun

At 02:02 PM 1/31/2013, you wrote:
Hi Shawn,
So the borg are too tough...What made them too tough? Was it the shields? I thought the shields might be to high. These things always take a balance and sometimes it is hard to get it just right, you know? Well maybe it was the adapt to, sertainly I was not able to kill the borg with just shuttles and fighters sertainly I will have to redo my deployment I can see that.

maybe spending time in the first round or 2 moving ships to places to deploy rather than going after the main target, deploying then moving ships to the target will help a bit.
shields were probably quite high, adapt not sure.
there should be a message saying the borg addapted.
also the borg were easily able to destroy my ships, thats understandable but I think at some point we should have a map where after you finnish the juggernaught klingon force the federation decide to build one ofcause other races probably do as well including the kingons which would eventually build one anyway.

I was sure seperation was working, so I had better go back and see what I screwed up, lol. I jsut don't have time in the day to play test everything all the way thru right now, so this is good info. Well maps like icaris and seperation just end with the victory message so unplayable.

I think you got a good point ont he three titan maps. The first one was supposed to be an ambush and an introduction of a villain to the player. I think that is going to need balancing with the amount of bad guy ships, but the player isn't intended to slug it out. Also the maps didn't have the instructions I wanted with them so you were already playing under a handicap.

The second map is supposed to be scanning and sending out pods, and again, no instructions were given, cause I was going to give the coordinates to the pods etc and so forth. What was the hardest part of the map? Was it the scanning and running to the pods? I think I might do that map just a tad bit diffrently...

The third map I think you are absolutely right about. I am going to get rid of the unexplore and unseen, since technically you already scanned the area. Also I intended to put in more ships, maybe more dreadnaughts, or a support of heavy cruisers and light cruisers...I was also thinking of a diffrent start to the map. I was thinking of a single unit with a bunch of summon skills for diffrent allies ships. It could move around the ap and place ships wehre you want to deploy them ahead of time since you will be aware of everything there, due to the stealth map. Taht might even up the odds a little cause you would get the first strike. I would only give the thing a limit of one round though.
hmmm well right now there is an overkill going on in the titon maps.

I am not sure how many ships a klingon would use to protect its ship yards, dreadnaughts definately, maybe cruisers not sure about warbirds though.
birds of prey are quite week.
myself i prefur a slugging it out match.
my issue with map2 of the series was you had to decloak to scan and couldn't cloke again surely you could have the cloke feeding off the power rather than adapt or whatever that is. just have it as a standard action, I know its not propper but unless you can scan while cloked that is which you probably should be able to.
I don't think you can fire while cloked but scan I think you can.

The flight and moment in time are just not ready at all, but I wanted input ont he maps I thought were working and you did a good job, so thank you very much.

Let me check them out and see what I can get prepared.