[ian-reeds-games] star wars...

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:40:50 -0500

Hi Craig,
I finally got to sit down and play some maps, grin.
You might want to remember to switch out the use_sight_range old flag if you
hadn't done so already.

I got my butt blasted off ont he han solo map, lol. I should have known it
wouldn't have been as easy as all that. I have to give that another go.

The detention cell was a lot of fun. It was weird having  diffrent units have
diffrent action points. It makes sense, but at the same time han solo was
limited compared to the other two characters.

I loved the fight between ben and darth. You did an excellent job with how obi
does his sacrifice thing...although I think you were hoping for someone to be
right there to do the deed when it happened. You might want to consider
extending the  duration ont hat. It would be cool to hear obi won give his
famous lines to darth.

One of the hard parts is going thru the expositions of various points in the
storyline. Admittedly, it is hard to make a map for every situation. Still,
maybe it would be cool to have a map where luke encounters the sand people,
maybe a timed victory condition where he has to stick it out till obi wan comes
along with that weird scream thing he does.

I was also hoping for an alien bar scene. I know not much happened, but I am
sure poetic license could prevail in some fashion. I know that would be a tough
one, and I understand why it wasn't included.

In general it was fun to  play and I got some real surprises. I felt like I
cared about what happened on the map so to me that is a success.