[ian-reeds-games] rpg game

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 22:46:31 +1200

Hi ian.
well the game works on win7 but not on xp.
after getting a few of the units to not work with error in the sound files, I tried commenting all ambient lines in every unit after which caren and a lot of other units threw up errors, every line I commented out caused more errors. So its possible my xp box has a codec you have on 7 and the older stuff doesn't and or sounds are coded strangely for this game.
it runs on xp semi ok but because of the sounds well.
had an explore with the radars and found karen and almost found the beggar.
the game is quite good for what it is.
However I probably won't be playing it much at least unless you can figure out what is up with the sound files, the secondary laptop is mainly for when i am on the go.
this old xp box is for classic oldgames and home use for now.
and I will probably have an older box round for home use.