[ian-reeds-games] map editor bug

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:23:51 -0500

Ian,
I noticed that the map editor doesn't seem to reload very well.
In the past, I could change an object, except for terrain, and  I could access
the new stuff I did. Now with the team change I noticed that just changing the
value in the files isn't enough.
Now you have to  go to the map and try to delete it and replace it with the
same exact thing. Otherwise it will crash the game and give that error you
probably see popping up every once in a while.

I would like to suggest, if this is at all possible, a reload option for the
map editor so that all these things can get updated. Right now, I have to go
thru the map file and try to find an asteroid, erase it, and replace it with
the same exact thing. Also it would be nice to not have to close the program
down if I add new terrain or change terrain.
This is problably a big deal to mess with.
Thanks,