[ian-reeds-games] kobold dungeon, one last time

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 20:53:21 -0400

Hey guys,

Hopefully, I got this fixed. I made some errors in  a map or two, and I
think the whole map dungeon is doable.

So the lair map is the whole thing. I had already run thru two thirds of it,
and had no save issues nor slowdowns. I think the combination of making the
map smaller, it is roughly 40 x 40 instead of twice as big.

All extraneous critters are now itemless. That includes everything in the
guard room, except for the guardians dropping healing potions.

All the archers, includeing the elite archers are item less. The  champions,
shaman, king, some special characters  have items. My hope is that the few
items one does find are useable and needed, and that for the most part no
more dragging along dozens of spears and the like.

Also, I realized that if something is considered stackable, they are unable
to be separated to distribute  among party members. So I  took the stackable
flag out of healing potions, quivers, potions of levitation. I left the
scrolls stackable cause I figured only one or two characters might carry
them anyway.

Like I said I saved my game dozens of times and conquered the first two
thirds of the entire map, and the usual slowdown and memory issues did not
pop up as of yet. Hopefully I can get thrut he entire map without an issue.
I haven't upgraded to the newest version yet, so if one is able to turn
graphics off, etc, that might even be better.

For your convenience the link is below.

If the entire map is playable as a single  dungeon, I will probably delete
the three dungeon sections. Please let me know if I forgot anything or if it
just sucks and you wish I would just shut up and fling myself off the
nearest pier.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/Kobold%20Dungeon.zip

al

"The truth will make you free"