[ian-reeds-games] Re: error when downloading warlords through the built-in game updator

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 01:32:03 -0600

Odd, for some reason the game didn't have access to delete the boat_move.wav sound file in the old warlords map pack. My best guess off hand is that the game still had it in memory. Had you just played a Warlords map and then downloaded the update without exiting the game?

Or alternatively did you have boat_move.wav open in a sound player?

If it's the game holding on to it then I can fix it eventually, not sure what to do if another program has it open.
And perhaps there is yet another reason, but I'm not sure what it would be.

Ian Reed

On 9/8/2013 1:05 AM, Dickson Tan wrote:

Hey Ian

Sorry to report yet another error again L This happened while the game completed downloading war lords and was installing. I already had a copy of it but wanted the latest version.

---------------------------

An error has occurred. Please notify the game creator of this error. You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C. Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'boat_move.WAV' is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)

at Game.Downloading.HandleCompletedDownload() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 93

at Game.Downloading.Process(Empty ent) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 60

at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 38

at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 242

at Game.Form1.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 194

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

OK