[ian-reeds-games] dev 17?

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:42:55 -0500

My email is still pretty wonky, and I think some of my email got lost cause
stuff is showing up now  which I know was sent days ago...
So I downloaded the dev 16. Did I miss a dev 17 release?

To austen, if your on the list, I wanted to tell you I really like the galactic
space map! I was wondering about terrain like planets and suns and asteroid
fields and wasn't sure how to portray them, but I think you did a good job on
that.

I wasn't sure how the minutes work as actions. Could you explain that a bit?
I also wondered what you thought about turning on shields as compared to
passive mode. Like you, destroyable shields would be preferable. I think that
would be a fine feature if it comes along down the road.

I was wondering if there was a way to dismantle or sweep mines and bombs, or
can they be shot down? I tried shooting, but I don't think I had any weapon
that would affect it.
I liked seeing the time warp jump. I thought about adding warp in mine, but I
was wondering whast would be the use of mines and the like if all anyone had to
do was warp past it? So I left it off the table for now.
How do you make sounds? Or do you mean you recorded sounds?
Overall, the only thing that I could see that really seemed a bit off was the
massive amounts of weaponry each ship had. I simply picked the one that did the
most damage and stuck tot hat one...but I do like what you did witht he damage
types which made alot of sense, so I am assumeing the weapons each do a
separate      damage type?

Craig,
I just downloaded what you sent, so I am going to check it out! I am seriously
excited to see what you cooked up, grin.