[ian-reeds-games] Re: back in action, with a few suggestions and a map pack in the works

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:09:54 +1200

I noticed this to.
also that the game on some maps would crash after the enemy went a few rounds each and the game just didn't continue and I had to end the task after which my system refused to run right till I killed explorer.exe then restarted it.
also to note that to kill all enemies in one turn is really hard.
also, not all enemies seem to be able to take dammage from all your units, your units however can take dammage from their own spells and enemies can dammage all units no matter what they are. the spike idea is interesting and since i am bashing my way through alteraon right now, its up there with the game map.
from what I have seen it really does rock.

At 04:31 AM 9/5/2013, you wrote:
Hi Austen,
So far, I like what you did with Shadow abound! The background info and the
maps to get someone familier with the items and the  units is a good idea.

Because some of those magic spells are unique to the standard, I was
wondering if they could be explained more as you  press on.

I did notice that , I think it was the third or forth map which caused an
infinite loop. It was force shield I think. The shadow mage kept casting it
over and over again.

Also the random potions seem to always give the same amount of actions back
as it takes, but the movement points are  more like I think you intended
which can help or hurt the unit.

I like your intro maps a lot actually, and wish I did something  like that
in kobold dungeon, to get players used to the  various spells and equipment
etc..