[ian-reeds-games] an effect backfiring

  • From: Richard Claridge <richard.claridge68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:05:37 +0000

Hi all.
I am having a rather strange problem that I cannot work out. I have a
skill that has an effect that uses the no_skills and no_movement flags
on an enemy. However whenever I try to use it, the effect works on the
casting unit as well as the target. Below is what I have in my skill
and effect files. Can anyone shed any light on this?

skill
2 // Parser version
fires a smoke grenade
enemy
ai_attack
range=4
smoke_grenades_cost=1
actions_cost=4
effects=smoke_screen
sound=smoke_grenade

effect
1
a smoke screen causing the unit to be unable to see or perform actions
unit
duration=2
no_movement
no_skills

I did originally have it having a splash range etc as well but I took
that out to see if it helped, but no difference.
Thanks for any help.
Richard