[ian-reeds-games] abi and/or craig

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 22:09:59 -0400

Ok, I got this scripting issue.

What I have right now is  a means of using warlords in such a way that a
player can , on turn one, move a cursor around and place both races they
want to use, and races they want to fight.
The way a player can summon a different unit from a different team is by
using a script that someone gave me to use in the zombie house map.
Essentailly, how this works is that the player can place a "marker" unit
down where they want the enemy computer controlled race to be and that
marker uses a skill to kill itself, thus transforming into the evil
stronghold version of that race.
Hopefully that made some kind of sense.
This all works quite well, but the problem is that  units that have abi's
naming script on it, which are summoned by the now converted to evil
stronghold, come out as their original team as indicated in their files.
That means an evil human stronghold will summon good light cavalry, and an
evil goblin stronghold would summon good watchtowers, etc and so forth.

I don't know if there is an easy fix for this,  but if that doesn't happen,
then  maybe I need to make a second map pack so the random features can be
used, but without the naming script.

If anyone understood all that,  feel free to comment on what you think, or
solutions? Thanks,