[ian-reeds-games] Re: a TB question wich could be important for TB 2.0 as well

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:41:37 +0100

Hi,

We have no plans to add this in the near future. For several reasons:

1. For error reporting. We can only know if something's starting to go wrong if the game can send e-mails to Ian and let him know. 2. Since the initial game will probably not be packaged with any map packs and you will have to go and download them from the option in the menu, you won't be able to do anything unless you have an internet connection. 3. There is already a work around of sorts for tricky scenarios, such as playing on a laptop whilst travelling, etc.

Sorry if this isn't the news you wanted.

Craig

On 21/07/2014 23:50, Niklas Rittinghaus wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to install and run TB on a pc without an internet connection
as well? I ask because the last stable version asked for your E-mail-adress for
the first time you run it
if I remember correctly. I don't know if the game connects to a server
with the E-mail adress but if it does, it would be nice if the game
could be installed and used without any kind of activation over the
internet. So it could be played and installed if no internet is available
and since it's a single player game and free I don't see the point
in the email thing. Or am I wrong and the game saves the adress only
internally without connecting to the Internet? Than it would be no
problem for me.

Thank you and best
Niklas

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz
ist aktiv.