[ian-reeds-games] Treasure Hunter

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:31:04 -0500

I guess I am tearing up the list today.
Anyway, Carlos, I  was immediatly captivated by the premise!
Then you shocked me with that loss of health every round due to hunger, which
was a really cool and creative  use of a skill. I always thought of skills as
benificial tot he player, but you turned that on it's head, which was awesome.

I loved the sounds you did have in it. The "ching" sound of valuable artifacts
was priceless, grin.
Honestly, you and Austen always pull rabbits out of hats all the time which I
enjoy so much! I am looking forward to this map.

The only things I could suggest in the  test version here is as follows.
The last fight with the guardian was impossible to win in it's current format.
It could heal alot, heal a lot of damage,  and it's attacks were pretty
viscious. I think that might just be a balancing job, since you do really well
balancing out the combats usually.

traps. No self described treasure hunter  goes on without encountering lots of
traps as well as strange mysterious guardians of ancient treasures. Again, you
are just int he early phases so I am sure you got something cooked up, grin.
I can think of a couple that would be just awesome!

Fred needs some more options. I know the whip is overused due to indiana jones,
but that whip could be used to swing him over pits,  maybe have a range of 2 in
order to hit a "switch" to cause something to move, or could be a nice little
weapon in a pinch. I wouldn't mind seeing a pistol of some sort, one with a
decent damage but only with a limited number of rounds, to change up the combat
a little with the big guys.

I laughed out loud when I heard the guardians healing ability name! Maybe the
guardian could have only a limited number of corpses to rip their flesh from?

Another option for boss fights is maybe Fred could  go in one direction to find
some special book, or  holy water which would be reflected in a point or two,
then coming back to the fight with the bad guy, could use that extra special
thing to help destroy the bad guy boss.

Other then the sounds that problably should be there, which isn't your fault, I
think this is going to be alot of fun! Good job on this one, grin.