[ian-reeds-games] Re: TB dev 25

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 02:38:19 -0600

Thanks Zak. Dev 27 fixes this issue and also makes the download list stop telling you what the latest version is since the in game updater does a better job of that.

Ian Reed

On 8/24/2013 2:11 AM, Zak Claassen wrote:
Hey Ian, I updated to dev 26 and I was downloading map packs, but
after I downloaded Carlos's Conquering Redwall Abbey the game crashed,
and it refused to start again, showing an error each time.  I figured
out it's because the map pack had no author.txt or map pack
settings.txt file, and after i deleted that folder and copied a
version in that has one, it worked.  But could you make it so that
instead of causing the whole game to crash it would maybe just cause
that particular map pack not to show up in the menu?  Just in case it
helps, here's the error:

---------------------------
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
'C:\Users\User\Documents\Games\Tactical Battle Dev\Data for TB\Map
Packs\2 keyWasFull's maps\Author.txt'.

File name: 'C:\Users\User\Documents\Games\Tactical Battle Dev\Data for
TB\Map Packs\2 keyWasFull's maps\Author.txt'

    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32
bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String
msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions
options)

    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding,
Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)

    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)

    at System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)

    at System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path)

    at Game.TBWorld.LoadTacticalBattleFiles() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\TBWorld.cs:line 164

    at Game.Downloading.HandleCompletedDownload() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 126

    at Game.Downloading.Process(Empty ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 60

    at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 38

    at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 227

    at Game.Form1.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 179

    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
---------------------------
OK

On 8/24/13, Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've put dev 25 up on the server.  Get it here:
http://BlindAudioGames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

It fixes the issue when Windows prompts you to open the Updater.exe file.
Dev 26 can be obtained by updating in game and will hopefully fix the
bug Allan found and also let the AI still summon units using Abi's scripts.

This will be a good test for the updater, but again you should use the
above version so you don't hit that infinite loop.

Thanks to all for your patience!