[ian-reeds-games] Re: Script Error Message when opening maps

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 22:22:58 +0100

Me neither. Though I don't have either map pack.

Is it possible you've downloaded a new version of someone's scripts and the documentation is in the same folder as the scripts? I know both me and Victorious distribute our readmes as HTML, there may be others.

On 26/04/2015 11:48, Monkey wrote:

I'm not getting this error when loading maps...

On 4/26/15, Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
remember that all files in a scripts folder are considered part of a script.
So an html file would cause an error because it's not javascript. You should
just move it out of the folder. In fact this is the reason why all my script
readme files have comments around them, so the script file ignores them.

On 4/26/2015 3:14 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
This has occurred in the latest dev version of TB, and although it doesn't
stop me from playing, it's weird.

When I open either my own test map or any of the maps in Monkey's pack, I
get this message:
Error in script.
Filename: readme.html
Line: 1
Column: 0, 1
SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Copied directly from the speech log, as it does not crash the game. I
don't understand why this is happening, as the HTML file shouldn't have
any impact on the game itself. It's just a guide. I don't even know which
HTML file it is.