[ian-reeds-games] More -- though unlikely -- ideas

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 01:01:42 -0600

Hello,
So I've got a couple more ideas. Not sure if these can be done though,
or even if anyone else thinks they're worth trying...

1. Have a region_limit= flag for units. So...with that, units can move
through passable terrain in a certain region, but they can't leave
said region. So for example, my yeti can't leave the mountain region,
even though snow extends past that.
Questionable, I know... Worth a try though, if for nothing else then
to get the idea of regional flags out there.
Or possibly a healing effect that only applies to certain units in a
certain region?

2. Add a flag--or maybe it'll be better for scripts, I don't know--to
allow certain units benefits only on certain terrain, but the benefits
only apply to those certain units. For example, a water elemental
gains health while in any type of water, but water creatures and
anything else that enters the water won't be affected.
Is that even possible at the current time?