[ian-reeds-games] Re: Item issue

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:45:47 +0000

I can't say for definite this will fix it, but you've used replace_terrain to turn a dungeon_door terrain into a dungeon_threshold. But you've got dungeon as a structure that you defeat.

Both alone are valid ways of doing a door, but it looks like you've combined the two.

If you merely have dungeon_door as impassable terrain, don't worry about the dungeon_lock point and have the key usable on empty tiles, that could work. But it will mean people can use that skill (well, item really) on tiles that aren't dungeon doors. That idea you had about a limit on terain a something can be used on might resolve that.

Alternatively, keep the point, but make sure that the dungeon_door is on passable terrain. Then when you take out the door, the way should be clear.

Does this help?

Cheers,
Craig

On 25/11/2014 23:44, Monkey wrote:
Kay, so I'm having another issue. Go figure, haha.

So I've started trying to figure out items, finally. I'm trying to use
this on a dungeon door.
Item
10 // parser version
|flags
description This key will open any dungeon doors you may come across.
useable_forever
enemy
range=1
dungeon_lock_inflict=1
sound=turnkey
only_useable_on=dungeon_door
replace_terrain=dungeon_door|dungeon_threshold
|script_flags

The door looks like this.
structure
10
|flags
description This door is locked. It takes a special key to open it.
impassable
dungeon_lock_max=1
sound=dungeon_door
blocks_sight
team=3
terrain_limit=dungeon_threshold

And the point looks like this.
point
10
Locked.
at_zero=death
ordinal=5
hidden

The item will bring the dungeon_lock point down to zero, but the door
won't open.
It works when I use my open door skill on a different type of door,
and the code is pretty much the same, just different names for the
points and whatever.

Any idea on what the problem is? Or is this a bug?