[ian-reeds-games] Re: Friends= flag

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:58:01 -0600

I'm not sure. Maybe a compatibility issue, since technically they're
not on the same team? I think Craig may have mentioned a possibility
as to why, when I brought it up a while ago, but I can't recall for
sure what he said.

On 5/14/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, if you're allies, why would it be a problem? The AI just needs to move
the units closer and use the skills, right? That's pretty sad. I hope Ian or
somebody can fix that.

Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:39:11 -0600
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] Re: Friends= flag
From: murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the AI is trying to use buffing or healing skills on members of
your own team then yes, that's the same problem I believe I was
having.

On 5/14/15, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've created a resistence team, which has its own turn. I want them to
be
friends with my player team but putting the friends=flag in the file
made
the AI throw a fit. It was trying to use skills and then saying there
was a
bug in the artificial intelligence for trying. Is that because it tried
use the skill on something it shouldn't have been able to do?

Is the friends= flag glitchy? I saw it in Monkey's team files for his
pack
but it was commented out. I'm asking because there might come a time
when
the various countries have their own teams and it would be nice if the
AI
didn't struggle with this.

--
-Mew