[i3] i3-wm in Linux Mint 17.1 MATE using the MATE settings

  • From: Goetz Kluge <gk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:11:40 +0200

Hi,

I have a portable SSD with Linux Mint MATE, 32 bits version. For old PCs with
small memory (or just for fun) I use the i3-wm. I also have Linux Mint on an
old EeePC 901, which is very slow. For the EeePC I use i3 as default wm.

The config is configured in a way which sets buttons, colors, letter rendering
etc. to what I have configured for MATE. This is done by calling the
mate-settings-daemon on start up of i3. You'll see that in config. (However,
the cursor settings from the MATE configuration only work in some apps. This is
a minor issue.)

The config is here:
http://wahlspezial.de/modified-i3-configuration-from-wattos-r9-microwatt-for-linuxmint-17-1/
(The config is based on the i3 config of WattOS R9 MicroWATT, which is a nice
distro too.)

Have fun,
Goetz