Re: [i3] non-rectangular windows in i3

  • From: Michael Stapelberg <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Discussions/Questions about the i3 window manager" <i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 22:35:53 +0100

I think many of the hints that the Chrome hangouts app requires are
not supported in i3. I’m certainly in favor of fixing that, but I’m
not sure when I’ll get around to it. Perhaps that’s something for the
holidays…

(The usual caveat applies: if support for these hints introduces
unreasonable complexity, I reserve the right to reject them.)

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM, avinash r <nashpapa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any way to render non-circular window correctly in i3?

most of the windows in i3 has always been using a rectangular border, but
recently when I installed the google hangouts chrome app, I noticed that it
had a circular window, which transforms into a rectangle once it's clicked
on, and transforms back into a circle when clicked again.

But on i3, the it still retains a rectangular window and looks weird
(screenshot of this is available at:
http://s2.postimg.org/f184crc15/i3_srsht.png).

PS: the same is applicable for synapse
(http://synapse.zeitgeist-project.com/) in it's default theme.