[i3] Obsolete focus change?

  • From: Marco Hunsicker <i3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:20:06 +0100

Howdy,

During testing of my IPC patch, I've found an edge case that might be worthwhile to investigate.

If a window currently has the focus and the mouse is placed within the window bounds, moving the mouse over (not beyond) the window border triggers a focus change although the window is already focused!

As I don't know whether this behavior is intentional, I've addressed this use case specifically for my code path in con.c->con_focus() to avoid sending pointless window events. Might be possible to extend the checking to the whole method to spare some cycles.

Cheers,
Marco