[huskerlug] Re: gnupg key 2 (was debian leap)

  • From: "J.R. Wessels" <jwessels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:13:46 -0600

Yes, I think you submit it just like a regular key.  Haven't tried it
though....

As for the Kmail auto signing, yes, it automatically puts those lines
in.  It also auto checks messages that are signed against the public
keys that you have.  It can also do encryption and decryption
automatically.

I looked but didn't see an option to do pgp message signing
attachments.  It looks like it just does inline pgp signing.

For the passphrase saving, in kmail you can set it to ask everytime,
or ask once to save it for the rest session that kmail is up.  It
won't save it across sessions though.

On Saturday 15 March 2003 13:36, you wrote:
> I just set mine to expire in August.  Is there a way to submit a
> revoke certificate to the keyservers, so that people do not use my
> old key anymore (get my old key off of the keyservers?)  Do I have
> to distribute the revoke certificate personally?
>
> my new key..
>
> pub  1024D/F3220030 2003-03-15 Brian Wiese (unolinuxguru)
> <bwiese@xxxxxxxxx> sub  2048g/E4E8F305 2003-03-15 [expires:
> 2003-08-12]
>
> $ gpg --recv-keys F3220030 --keyserver pgp.dtype.org
>
> I see both of you are using KMail, does it by default insert those
> lines in the text of your email when you sign it?

> |GrayGeek
>
>   Brian Wiese | bwiese@xxxxxxxxx | aim: unolinuxguru
>   GnuPG/PGP key 0xF3220030 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart
> This is not about Napster or DVDs. It's about your Freedom.
>   I'll see your DMCA and raise you a First Amendment.
>               http://www.anti-dmca.org
>

> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --

- --
J.R. Wessels
jwessels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GnuPG fingerprint: 6F23 25BD FF92 3308 9374 4026 B5CD CE09 BC07 9BC5
Public key found on my website at http://ranko.homelinux.net