[huskerlug] Re: Worldmap of Ubuntu membership

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 04:23:47 -0500

        This would be true for almost any Linux distro, since there are more
individual computer users and they are have better Internet connections than
any other geographical areas.  I just never warmed up to Ubuntu. The live CDs
of it left me underwhelmed.
        I have had better success with PCLinuxOS. With more upgrades more
downloads,
the DVD picture has reached acceptable levels. It looks like it is going to
stay on what is my main computer for awhile and may appear on some my others.
---Jim