[huskerlug] Re: Ubuntu was the winner...

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 04:12:30 -0500

I'm rather surprised since I'm on CNET's mailing list, that I didn't get this
one!

http://news.com.com/Dell+picks+Ubuntu+for+Linux+PCs/2100-7344_3-6180419.html

I shouldn't be surprised that Ubuntu got the nod. I believe even the SuSE
forum, people were saying they were having no trouble using Ubuntu on their
laptops.  I know my old Dell laptop cooling fan didn't want to turn off when I
was trying out Linux on it.  Laptops seem to have a lot more issues with them
to get Linux working on them, and Ubuntu may have done a better job solving
those issues, then other distros.  ---Jim