[huskerlug] Re: Kernel Question

  • From: James Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:47:29 -0500

        Thanks for the detailed reply.  I think SuSE 7.3 info said I should
have a 500MHz processor and something like 128 Meg of  RAM now in one
computer I exceed both of those requests, and two are only 300 MHz but I do
have 256 Meg of  RAM.  This seems to give me adequate speed.  The one that
has the 90+ Meg of  RAM is also a 300 MHz computer, and I think it will behave
adequately.
        However I have a couple of computers only in 200 MHz with 32 Meg
of  RAM, so I not quite as happy with the pudgy kernel thing.  I hope
recompiling kernels is easier than in the 2.0.xx days.  ---Jim