[huskerlug] Fwd: New to Lincoln, New to Linux

  • From: "J.R. Wessels" <jwessels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Garren Hochstetler <infiniteblue@xxxxxxxxx>,huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:25:20 -0500

Forwarding this to the local Linux users group.  I was thinking you could
just download the iso's from RedHat's site and test them out on a spare
machine first.  Mandrake is fairly easy to install and get around.

Subject: New to Lincoln, New to Linux
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Garren Hochstetler <infiniteblue@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jwessels@xxxxxxxxxxx

JRW,

    Hi there!  I'm a new transfer student to UNL in
CSE, so you'll likely see me around campus this Fall.
The reason I'm contacting you (and the reason I only
know your initials) is that I just ordered a new
Gateway notepad for school.  I want to immediately
toss off the unavoidable Windows XP and give Red Hat
7.3 a solid shot.  Anyway, I'm looking for a way to
get the Red Hat CDs locally for free.  Mr. Internet
came up with you as a mondo anime fan and founder of
the local linux clubhouse...so I thought I'd drop you
a line.  Could you give me pointers on where to go for
the 7.3 package?

    Thanks!
    Garren Hochstetler
    Student for Life