[huskerlug] Re: Best linux distro for Asus Eee PC 900

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:37:42 -0500

I suppose we shouldn't even call these things SSDs that are in the
Eee's  Perhaps the main one Psion that is in mine might be called that,
and they do have PCI-e connector, I do believe -- I've never opened mine
up, but I really think they might be considered large flash drives?

Anyway, I'm trying a few things to keep the writes down on my main one,
though I'm not quite sure what writes are.  But some of it looks like
good advice.  What's happening on the SDHC, might be anyone's guess, if
it goes out in 6 months, I won't be happy!

While I read through part of the article, my other regular computers are
not going to get SSDs, they're just way too expensive, for what I need.