[huskerlug] Re: BSD and Linux

  • From: "Cesar Delgado" <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:49:44 -0600

Levi,

BSD does not use ext3 as a filesystem, it uses it's own.

About dual booting there are some great HOWTOs on the internet on how to
dual boot.  Now your next step is to select a flavor of BSD to install.
I installed OpenBSD on my webserver.  I chose it because I only needed 1
floppy and it downloaded everything from there. The other BSD (Net and
Free) need 2 floppy disks and I could only find 1 floppy that wasn't
dead.  I like it though. OpenBSD gets a big thumbs up, =).

-Cesar Delgado
Secure Distributed Information @ UNL
http://rcf.unl.edu
cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, beettlle@xxxxxxxxxxx