[homeserver] Re: [home server] Re: Best places to purchase windows home server

  • From: "Frank Ventura" <Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <homeserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:50:46 -0500

Otis, since Windows Home server is an operating system it needs to be
installed on a bootable drive. Usually external drives are not bootable.
However, you could boot off of your internal drive and run WHS in a
Virtual machine installed on your external drive. Remember the external
drive will have to be an industrial quality drive, not merely a consumer
quality drive since it will be running 24/7 duty.