[homerecording] an introduction

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: homerecording@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Dec 2002 10:30:52 +0000

Hi everyone,

I recently signed up for this list but its been pretty quiet so far!

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself... etc.  I'm Andy and I live in
Surrey in the UK. I've been into recording and music technology for
about 10 years now, having had a valuable opportunity to learn the
basics at school.

These days, my music making activities revolve around my PC.  I use
n-track studio to do multi track work and Cool Edit 2000 as my sound
editor.  I sequence MIDI to my Korg X5D keyboard using Logic Audio Delta
(bundled with my soundcard) and use fruityloops 3.56 as a virtual
studio; an incredible application for the money.

I also play the flute and am looking into ways of recording it, so I can
include it in my compositions.  Currently I have no acoustic recording
gear except a small sony mididisc mic (stereo).

hope to "meet" some of you soon and get involved in a bit of discussion,

thanks,

Andy