[Homer_Prod_Auct] Homerville info Sat 7/8

  • From: "F. W. Owen" <fwo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: homer_prod_auct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:19:06 -0400

Sat morn, July 8

Hi Folks,

The first thing I want to say is that last night's auction was hard on our
buyers.  The prices were high.

We are acutely aware of that fact.

We know from past experience that high priced auctions are immediately
followed by low priced auctions because the buyers shy away.  The net affect
on the growers of this high/low whipsaw cycle is negative.

Please don't react to last night's high prices by staying home as there may
very well be excellent bargains in the next auction.

Go here to see the market report: <www.homerproduceauction.com>

The price and quantity graphs have been updated to reflect last weeks
activity.

A few trends have emerged.  The prices are a little higher for most (but not
all) commodities.  The produce is a week or more behind last year.

If nothing else, just look to see which graphs are updated so that you can see
which commodities are active at the Produce Auction.

The #1000 program for contributions was used the first time last night.  This
worked well and we did raise some money for Arie Keim and the children.  In
particular, one tree was sold on #1000 and was then donated back to #1000 and
sold and resold nine times.

Grower/buyer number #1000 is now used for contributions to needful causes or
people needing extra help.  For at least the rest of July this is going to be
the Joe Keim family of 17 children who have lost their father.

So, if you want to contribute, either tag something with this number, or bid
on something with this number.

We are probably going to start using two auctioneers and two crews on Wed,
july 12.

--
Kindest regards,

========================
F. W. Owen
Owenlea Holsteins
9430 Spencer Road
Homerville, Ohio 44235
e-mail fwo@xxxxxxxxxx
home page http://www.bright.net/~fwo
voice & fax 330.625.2369
cell 330.635.2287
========================

-The main page for the Homerville Wholesale Produce Auction is
http://www.HomerProduceAuction.com

-Go there to:
     * View photos
     * Read the manager's blog
     * View price and quantity graphs
     * Read the current and past market reports.

homer_prod_auct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-To contact the auction manager about this email list (or for any reason)
send email to fwo@xxxxxxxxxx

-Users can unsubscribe from the list by sending email
to homer_prod_auct-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx