[homeclinic] Re: quiz flame gas(answer) + another exception

  • From: "Saint Apollonia" <theestate@xxxxxxx>
  • To: homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:15:04 -0600

We have several outdoor gas lights, no mantle, in addition to our fireplace,
all producing beautiful yellow flames.

??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??
??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??  ??

----Original Message Follows---- From: homeclinic-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(EST) Garrett Lanzy, you are correct. >>>>True or false: If you are using
natural gas, the color of the flame >>should always be blue. >>>False. I'm
looking at my natural gas fireplace, which is operating >normally and
puttingout a nice yellow flame. (However, that's >the only "exception" I
knowof.) In review the question was.. True or false: If you are using
naturalgas the color of the flame should always be blue. False: Gas
fireplacelogs are an exception to the blue flame rule. Most of these
productsare designed to be operated with a yellow or orange flame in order
toachieve a more realistic appearance. However, any time they are used, the
damper in the fireplace should be open. On a gas appliance, the color of the
flame is a good indicator of incomplete combustion. The flame should always
be burning blue, not orange or yellow. If the flame is not blue, it may be a
sign that the appliance needs adjusting, or perhaps cleaning. Ken (list
To unsubscribe send 'unsubscribe homeclinic'in subject line to
Ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx View the Archives at
//freelists.org/archives/homeclinic
View the Archives at //freelists.org/archives/homeclinic