[hogalumni Newsletter] DBS

  • From: Wayne Beck <webeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hogalumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 14:32:03 -0600

ALL Subscribers to this newsletter were auto-signed when they signed up with
Hogalumni dot com........Unsubscribe info at bottom of this message.

My wife and I met with Dr Petersen and she is a lovely lady and very nice.
We talked in length about the surgery risks and other things that were not good for me. WE really need an MRI vs CT scan since it gives a better image of the target area. I cannot have an MRI since I have a heart pacemaker. Since I already have a heart pacemaker, she thought she may have to place the neurostimulator under the skin of my abdomen to prevent any interference between the two.
The more wire, more chance for infection.

My son says Medtronic makes an MRI safe Paacemaker so I may ask my cardiologist to switch pacemakers when this battery runs down That means a few yrs more before any surgery which was a bit of a let-down for me. I pray for Dr Petersen and her upcoming procedures and by that time, she will be more experienced. So far she has done just under 50 of them. She looks to be about 42 yrs old and has been very successful so far.

My wife and I left there pretty scared and have decided to let it go for a few years.
I am not so bad right now and it is not a matter of life and death.
I asked God for guidance and will go on with my life until things change.

I have not called her with my decision yet but will have to in a few days............

--
Wayne Beck (Web Master)
Home Web Site - WWW.hogalumni.com