[hocodemnews] HCDP Meeting minutes

  • From: Greg Stoner <ramonalstoner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hocodemnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hocodemnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 19:52:40 -0400

Holmes County Democratic Party

Meeting location: Holmes County Public Library meeting room, 3102 Glen Drive, Millersburg

August 15, 2022, 6pm—Meeting Minutes

Ramona S. called the meeting to order.

Pledge of Allegiance—led by Ramona S.

Minutes of July 11th meeting—read by Margaret Y.

Mark S. moved to accept the minutes. Wayne B. seconded, motion passed.

Treasurer’s Report:  Presented by Jim N.

Checking account: After a donation totaling $194 at our July 11 meeting, $25 payment for the use of the library meeting room, and $100 for fair booth insurance, our new balance is $4,152.50

Savings account: Our balance remains $117.09

Mark S.  moved to approve the treasurer’s report, Greg S. seconded, motion passed.

Old Business:

The Ohio Democratic County Chair Association meeting—Ramona reports that our bylaws are sufficient, but we are lacking Central Committee candidates. Caleb Moulton will be working with Ramona to fulfil certain things we must do to avoid paying dues to the ODP this year. Mark S. moved that we authorize Ramona to do this, Margaret Y. seconded, motion passed.

Holmes County Fair—All our volunteer slots were filled and there was a lot of interest in the quiz. We need to choose different questions for the quiz next year since everyone has answered them so many times. The new electronic passes for the fair ended up costing more but worked great. Campaign signs are available, and we sold $25 worth during the fair.

Solar light project—Work is ongoing.

Looking for Headquarters for this September/October: We discussed a couple of possible locations, none very promising. Jim N. doesn’t feel that it would be worth the cost to do this. Greg and Ramona will explore the possibility of putting up billboards. We could raise funds to cover these, at meetings or via email or the Facebook group.

New Business:

We discussed phone banking, door knocking, and sending postcards. We have postcards with the judges on them. Postcards can be picked up from Ramona, and there will be at least one get-together at Margaret’s house to write postcards together.

October 16—Multi-county picnic at the Tuscarawas Fairgrounds. Picnic, BBQ, possibly Hog roast. Details to follow.

Our next meeting will be September 12, 6:00 pm, at the Bacons’ house. This will be our annual picnic. Mark S. moves that the party pay to provide hamburgers and/or hotdogs. Greg S. seconded, and the motion passed.

Passing the Hat:

Attendees contributed $185 today (and we took in $25 selling signs at the fair).

Upcoming Meetings— September 12, 6:00 pm at the Bacons’ house, see above. October 3 at 6:00 pm at the library meeting room.