[hllug] Re: celebrating the end of questionable power supplies.

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:58:49 -0500

Don Crowder wrote:
> I bought a gadget on eBay that checks ATX power supplies.
> http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/power/misc/a2358/a2358.asp
> It came in today and in about 15 minutes I went through over a dozen
> power supplies weeding out that bad ones and boxing them up for recycle.
>    Very cool and it cost less than $20.  Got a power supply you want to
> check?  Bring it to the "Lakeshore" meeting, I'll bring the gadget.

Very handy "gadget" indeed!

In my experience, power supplies are by far the most common and routine PC
failure, so this is valuable tool to have in your "geek bag"; especially if
you have maga-pc's like some geeks I know (myself included)! :<)

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter