[hllug] Re: Repositories

  • From: Bill Lanoue <blanoue@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:36:19 -0500

Lee Parmeter wrote:
Bill Lanoue wrote:
Oh boy, if someone can screw up using Synaptic, it's me.  I recently
installed PCLinuxOS 2007 into both of my machines, finally getting
Windows completely out of my life.  While attempting to perform
application updates, I checked the settings and saw that of the many
choices for repositories, only one was checked.  Since a few packages
weren't available from that site, notably an anti-virus program, F-Prot,
I had the brilliant idea of checking /all/ the boxes.  Ooops!  Not so
brilliant after all.  I now have several versions of a number of
programs installed, which now can not be updated.

Help!!!!!!

A screenshot is attached.

Thanks in advance,

Beeyil

I recommend that you re-install the O/S.

Thanks, Lee. That's what I'll do. Of course, my four days of tweaking will need to be done, but I get quicker at it each time.