[hllug] Lakeshore meeting this weekend!

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:57:33 -0500

To all:

A new member named Calvin's planning to stop by the meeting this weekend.
He restores old PC's and gives them away to people like some else we all
admire! :<) However, I think he is currently putting Windows on most these
machines. :<(

Anyway, He has an old Gateway Laptop (333MHz, 384MB ram and a 6GB hard
drive) that he wants to convert to GNU/Linux. He has a Ubuntu 7.10 Live-CD
but that is probably not the best choice for this machine. I'll bring a
Xubuntu Live-CD with me and if anyone has other suggestions bring a CD with
you for him to try or take with him.

Comments are encouraged!

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter