[hllug] Good news, bad news

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HLLUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:19:44 -0600

The D-Link 614+ wireless router that Cranz picked up for me was 'plug and
play' for us and it's substantially faster than the generic four port router
we were used but of course the wireless part of it didn't 'just work' so I'll
have to sort that out.  Nor did either of the Linksys BEFSR41 routers work
but I strongly suspect they need to be configured and I've already started
exploring the Linksys web site.  The problem is, they may already be properly
configured for cable internet, in which case I'd prefer to leave them
unchanged but I've got to configure them for DSL internet to test them.

Rats.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com