[hllug] Re: Any gamers on this list?

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:36:11 -0600

On Saturday 01 December 2007 12:37, Richard Salts wrote:
> Besides me, I wonder if there are any other Linux users who play
> computer games and more particularly, they would very much like to be
> able to play Windows based games on the Linux platform?
>
> This is my situation and, other than Wine,which hasn't worked for me
> yet, there is another program available called Cedega.  Might there be
> anyone on this list who might be familiar with this product?

Richard, I think you're just going to have to get into VMWare or do some
research on the more sophisticated Linux games.  I see posts about gaming on
SATLUG, GWLUG and ALG every so often but I honestly don't pay any attention
to them because I've no interest in gaming.  As best I recall, there's no
good way to run any of the more popular Windows-centric games in Linux.
Using VMWare would enable you to run Windows and Linux on the same machine.
I know less about that than I do gaming but I'm willing to bet there are some
good forums and/or tutorials online.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com