[hipl-users] problems with HIPL 1.0.7

  • From: Nerea Toledo Gandarias <nerea.toledo@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:20:04 +0200

Hi,

we are facing some problems with the HIPL release 1.0.7.
We have two PCs with ubuntu 10.04 running on a 2.6.32-38 kernel. We have installed HIPL through compilation.

In the /etc/hosts file of the initiator (crash) we have the following:

        HIT_de_oops oops
        ipv6_de_oops oops

In both hosts, we have the demon running, but the firewall and the dns are shutted down.

If we do the following in oops
                  nc6 -l -p 1111

and in crash
                nc6 oops 1111

we can see using the wireshark that the HIP association is established correctly, but the application (netcat) establishes the TCP session before the HIP association is established, that is, it does not wait to HIP. Then, we have seen that the data goes in clear over the TCP connection, instead of going through ESP. We do see ESP traffic, but it belongs to ICMPv6 pings in both directions.

On the other hand, if we do nc6 HIT_de_crash 1111 instead of nc6 crash 1111, it works perfectly.

Why can this be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Nerea Toledo Gandarias
Departament of Expression Graphic and Project Engineering